Thursday, May 15, 2008

Update on the Mommy Thing

So, I am getting the hang of this Mommy thing. Its scary and exciting, and I find myself thinking about my mom alot. I wonder if this is something that she did or felt.
I am only slightly paraniod, I watch him sleep sometimes to make sure that his little chest rises and falls with each peaceful breath.
We have mastered bath time & he just loves it. He likes the shower too, although they should include on the instruction manual that babies are slippery when wet
I am amazed at how much laundry Bailey generates. I guess if he stopped peeing on himself during diaper changes that would be a few less outfilts a day. (I am still not great at that, the sprinkler effect will get you every time!)
We have also discovered that Bailey does not like direct sunlight...so for my little vampire baby we purchased some eyewear. He is so darn cute with these on!
I think he has hit another growth spurt, because he is eating like there is no tomorrow, I am not making this up, we are eating every 1-3 hours. Fun times! But he gets the greatest look on his face when he is full and about to go to sleep. Makes all the fussiness worth it.
We are sleeping pretty good at night, he is up at 11, 2, 5 & 7 to eat & change diapers. The good thing is that I can now sleep almost on demand, give me 3 minutes & I am out cold!
Thank you for all the Mother's day wishes. It was great. And thank you too for all the encouraging words, there are times when I REALLY need them

No comments: